1. Take 6 lessons through the year. – 6/6 done, and check!
2. Ride 3 new-to-me horses. – check!
3. Research 3 different retirement situations. – check!
4. Write retirement budget for Tristan. – check!
5. Reach goals for horse-specific income stream. (Primarily through Etsy shop.) – October was an obscenely good month thanks to two bulk orders. If I take those out of the mix, October held the same as September, which is to say, about where I want it to be. I’ve been doing a lot of work getting things in stock for the holidays to hopefully have a big finish to the year.
Stretch: 6. Read and review 12 books about riding on the blog. – 12/12 and done thanks to the Black Stallion books!
1. Fully fund Tristan’s savings account (to $1,500) – So. This is back in place, thanks to the truck. Best truck. It even helped me out after it left me.
2. 50% fund my overall emergency fund savings account (to $7,500) – now $6,150. Philosophical question: I’ve revised my goals for the emergency fund, which means that my 50% target is lower, which means I have hit it for the year – but not what the original goal was. So. Hmmmmm.
3. Track every purchase made in 2018. – I did SUPER well in October mostly by not buying hardly anything in October.
4. Create 30 day wait list for any purchase over $25 (excluding groceries & emergencies). – Yes! and executed a line item off this list with the purchase of new winter tires last week – saved for, purchased, CHECK.
5. Pay off 50% of energy improvement debt. – close and probably not going to make it but anything is possible.
6. Stretch: 75% fund my overall emergency fund savings account (to $11,250) – nope.
Finish dining room (finish wallpaper, skimcoat lower half, plaster upper half, paint). –check!
2. Finish garage in basement (
finish strapping, put up drywall, plaster drywall, paint floor, clean out). – progress here, we taped the drywall seams , just need to plaster them, and cleaned out a bunch of stuff.
3. Finish living room (
strip wallpaper, plaster, repaint). – would’ve been done this past weekend but I went canvassing in a swing district instead; I will work on it this week with the goal of painting next Monday.
4. Develop plan & budget for preserving mud room mural.
Build second raised bed, start seedlings indoors, can/process results of garden. – check!
6. Stretch: Finish breakfast nook room (strip wallpaper, plaster, figure out heating, repaint)