1. Take 6 lessons through the year. – 5/6 done! Here’s the first June lesson, and here’s the second.
2. Ride 3 new-to-me horses. – I’m between a rock and a hard place for this. Tris is doing SO well in lessons that I don’t want to take valuable lesson time to ride another horse.
3. Research 3 different retirement situations. – Still at 1/3.
4. Write retirement budget for Tristan.
5. Reach goals for horse-specific income stream. (Primarily through Etsy shop.) – I moved some important steps forward this month: I stabilized my average monthly earnings (though low), and I learned a lot through very selective restocking about what people most want to buy. I also kept expenses tightly reined in. Overall, I’m happy with my positioning for July.
Stretch: 6. Read and review 12 books about riding on the blog. – 3/12 done now that the Black Stallion series has started!
1. Fully fund Tristan’s savings account (to $1,500) – Knocked this down with new prescription refills of Prascend and his allergy drugs, but in the next two weeks I have money coming in through other reimbursements that will top it back off.
2. 50% fund my overall emergency fund savings account (to $7,500) – on to $6,250!
3. Track every purchase made in 2018. – June was better! I actually did really well with this! Here’s to July.
4. Create 30 day wait list for any purchase over $25 (excluding groceries & emergencies). – Yup!
5. Pay off 50% of energy improvement debt. – we’ve paid off 29% of the total
6. Stretch: 75% fund my overall emergency fund savings account (to $11,250)
1. Finish dining room (
finish wallpaper, skimcoat lower half, plaster upper half, paint). – I’ve started skimcoating! I’m having people over for a neighborhood political gathering in late July, and my stretch goal is to have this totally done by then.
2. Finish garage in basement (
finish strapping, put up drywall, plaster drywall, paint floor, clean out).
3. Finish upstairs guest bedroom (strip wallpaper, plaster, deal with ceiling, repaint).
4. Develop plan & budget for preserving mud room mural.
Build second raised bed, start seedlings indoors, can/process results of garden. – I did not build a second raised, but I shifted plans to put in terraces. Half of the things in there are growing well, and half are not. It’s been a good experiment, anyway! I also picked strawberries and did freezer jam and froze the rest.
6. Stretch: Finish breakfast nook room (strip wallpaper, plaster, figure out heating, repaint