Life is kind of insane right now. I assume my horse is still alive. Pretty sure the barn would’ve told me if he weren’t. Other than that…working 24/7.
I have just about enough brain cells to do a goals update, so here we go.
1. Take 6 lessons through the year. – 1/6 done still. Not happening this month; May for sure.
2. Ride 3 new-to-me horses. – no progress on this, definite plans for the summer
3. Research 3 different retirement situations. – I’m at 1/3, but I did have a good conversation with both the barn manager and a friend that moved some things forward.
4. Write retirement budget for Tristan. – Haven’t touched this.
5. Reach goals for horse-specific income stream. (Primarily through Etsy shop.) – slow, but doing okay
Stretch: 6. Read and review 12 books about riding on the blog. – 1/12 done; nothing new.
1. Fully fund Tristan’s savings account (to $1,500) – This is still holding!
2. 50% fund my overall emergency fund savings account (to $7,500) – up to $5,250, huzzah
3. Track every purchase made in 2018. – Back on the wagon for March, thankfully.
4. Create 30 day wait list for any purchase over $25 (excluding groceries & emergencies). – yup, still holding well!
5. Pay off 50% of energy improvement debt. – we’ve paid off 22% of the total
6. Stretch: 75% fund my overall emergency fund savings account (to $11,250)
1. Finish dining room (
finish wallpaper, skimcoat lower half, plaster upper half, paint). – PROGRESS, HUZZAH
2. Finish garage in basement (
finish strapping, put up drywall, plaster drywall, paint floor, clean out).
3. Finish upstairs guest bedroom (strip wallpaper, plaster, deal with ceiling, repaint).
4. Develop plan & budget for preserving mud room mural.
5. Build second raised bed,
start seedlings indoors, can/process results of garden. – First seeds went in this weekend!
6. Stretch: Finish breakfast nook room (strip wallpaper, plaster, figure out heating, repaint)