1. Take 6 lessons through the year. – 3/6 done an on track to crush this goal thanks to the new plan of two lessons a month!
2. Ride 3 new-to-me horses. – one of my June lessons will be on another horse
3. Research 3 different retirement situations. – Still at 1/3 and I need to pick this back up
. Write retirement budget for Tristan. – I actually did look through this and do some thinking about it this month and honestly the conclusion was that as of right now – what I have is good. I can’t get any more detail until we get closer to the actual event. So I am calling this done.
5. Reach goals for horse-specific income stream. (Primarily through Etsy shop.) – This has slowed down and I need to get back on it. One challenge right now is balancing necessary spending for business development with the income that I do earn. I need to lay out some money but have been erring too much on overspending lately.
Stretch: 6. Read and review 12 books about riding on the blog. – 1/12 done still, but it’s almost Black Stallion Summer Series time!
1. Fully fund Tristan’s savings account (to $1,500) – This is down to about $1,200 after dipping into it for new tall boots and fly season supplies. I’m okay with that. It will go back up shortly.
2. 50% fund my overall emergency fund savings account (to $7,500) – on to $5,500!
3. Track every purchase made in 2018. – Wow, April and May both failed hardcore at this, with unfortunately predictable results. June will be better.
4. Create 30 day wait list for any purchase over $25 (excluding groceries & emergencies). – This is actually still holding strong. It’s the under $25 stuff that is tripping me up – and adding up – right now.
5. Pay off 50% of energy improvement debt. – we’ve paid off 26% of the total
6. Stretch: 75% fund my overall emergency fund savings account (to $11,250)
1. Finish dining room (
finish wallpaper, skimcoat lower half, plaster upper half, paint). – More progress, and June might see painting!
2. Finish garage in basement (
finish strapping, put up drywall, plaster drywall, paint floor, clean out).
3. Finish upstairs guest bedroom (strip wallpaper, plaster, deal with ceiling, repaint).
4. Develop plan & budget for preserving mud room mural.
5. Build second raised bed,
start seedlings indoors, can/process results of garden. – lololol seeds all died, thanks a lot, work. On the plus side though the rest of the garden goes in this weekend AND instead of a second raised bed I have grander plans.
6. Stretch: Finish breakfast nook room (strip wallpaper, plaster, figure out heating, repaint