January Goals Post
February Goals Post
March Goals Post
April Goals Post (didn’t happen)
May Goals Post
June Goals Post
July Goals Post
1. Take 6 lessons through the year. – 6/6 done, and check!
2. Ride 3 new-to-me horses. – lololol I didn’t ride at all in August.
3. Research 3 different retirement situations. – I’m learning a LOT from my Equine Retirement Survey (still open!) and looking forward to sharing the results on Friday.
4. Write retirement budget for Tristan. – Definitely going to work out a longer post for this at some point in the near-future.
5. Reach goals for horse-specific income stream. (Primarily through Etsy shop.) – August was a great learning month. Etsy shop sales started to truly stabilize, and I added a bunch of new inventory + have a bunch more in progress getting ready for the holidays.
Stretch: 6. Read and review 12 books about riding on the blog. – up to 9/12 with the Black Stallion books
1. Fully fund Tristan’s savings account (to $1,500) – this is holding, thanks to the huge HUGE accomplishment of matching up Etsy + other income to Tristan’s vet bills this summer, which have been constant. It feels like treading water, which sucks, but it’s actually pretty great. Perspective!
2. 50% fund my overall emergency fund savings account (to $7,500) – on to $6,750, and this goal is now officially on track (barring, y’know, emergencies) to complete in 2018!
3. Track every purchase made in 2018. – August crushed it. September will be harder – some travel, some house expenses.
4. Create 30 day wait list for any purchase over $25 (excluding groceries & emergencies). – Yes and yes, this continues to hold.
5. Pay off 50% of energy improvement debt. – we’ve paid off 33% of the total; barring some other kind of intervention on my part, this will not hit goal, which is frustrating. still thinking about how best to make it happen.
6. Stretch: 75% fund my overall emergency fund savings account (to $11,250) – this was only going to be possible if I was able to funnel all additional income to the EF; most of it has gone toward vet bills. yay.
1. Finish dining room (
finish wallpaper, skimcoat lower half, plaster upper half, paint). – oh God I am so close I can taste it. Finishing this week!
2. Finish garage in basement (
finish strapping, put up drywall, plaster drywall, paint floor, clean out).
3. Finish living room (strip wallpaper, plaster, deal with ceiling, repaint). – changed this goal to reflect a shift in priorities from the upstairs bedroom to the living room
4. Develop plan & budget for preserving mud room mural.
Build second raised bed, start seedlings indoors, can/process results of garden. – Tomatoes are starting to come in, and the basil has recovered – I may even do pesto soon!
6. Stretch: Finish breakfast nook room (strip wallpaper, plaster, figure out heating, repaint)
6 thoughts on “August 2018 Goals Update”
You crushed your goals! I admire your list and it makes me tired. 😀 I’ve just finished the survey- I couldn’t make it work on my iPad so had to wait until I got home!
Great goals and you are making progress, which is awesome. I try and track goals on paper, but it sort of makes me want to blog again to have them on screen and maybe be a bit more accountable!
Great job chipping away at your goals!