1. Take 6 lessons through the year. – 6/6 done, and check!
2. Ride 3 new-to-me horses. – I’m between a rock and a hard place for this. Tris is doing SO well in lessons that I don’t want to take valuable lesson time to ride another horse.
3. Research 3 different retirement situations. – Let’s call this 2/3 – I did some outreach that should count.
4. Write retirement budget for Tristan. – I may write a longer blog post about this, but I spent some time this month thinking about how to structure a budget in terms of investments and/or savings that would support longterm retirement.
5. Reach goals for horse-specific income stream. (Primarily through Etsy shop.) – Some further great steps forward! July was a good month in the Etsy shop, and I’m starting to learn about and explore the idea of wholesaling.
Stretch: 6. Read and review 12 books about riding on the blog. – 6/12 done now that the Black Stallion series has started!
1. Fully fund Tristan’s savings account (to $1,500) – Knocked this down with new prescription refills of Prascend and his allergy drugs, but in the next two weeks I have money coming in through other reimbursements that will top it back off.
2. 50% fund my overall emergency fund savings account (to $7,500) – on to $6,500!
3. Track every purchase made in 2018. – YES! July did really well!
4. Create 30 day wait list for any purchase over $25 (excluding groceries & emergencies). – I did this and I also made a downward modification on it. The drainage was not $25 items, it was basically anything over $10. So I started a shorter wait list for purchases over $10. Which may seem obsessive, but it’s really been working.
5. Pay off 50% of energy improvement debt. – we’ve paid off 31% of the total
6. Stretch: 75% fund my overall emergency fund savings account (to $11,250)
1. Finish dining room (
finish wallpaper, skimcoat lower half, plaster upper half, paint). – FUCK SKIMCOATING FOREVER
2. Finish garage in basement (
finish strapping, put up drywall, plaster drywall, paint floor, clean out).
3. Finish upstairs guest bedroom (strip wallpaper, plaster, deal with ceiling, repaint).
4. Develop plan & budget for preserving mud room mural.
Build second raised bed, start seedlings indoors, can/process results of garden. – Tomatoes are starting to come in, and the basil has recovered – I may even do pesto soon!
6. Stretch: Finish breakfast nook room (strip wallpaper, plaster, figure out heating, repaint