Damn straight I’m going to stretch this out over two weeks, because a) it was a ridiculous amount of work and b) I’m ridiculously proud of it!
Let’s review briefly, shall we?
The very first thing I did in the dining room was to rip up the carpet and expose the hardwood floors. Then I tried to fix the dining room chandelier but broke it and just replaced it. Then I dithered for a long, long, looooooooong time about exactly what I wanted to do in the room. Then I couldn’t ride in August and all my frustration bubbled over and I said eff it and started skimcoating and pushing HARD to finish.
As a reminder, here’s a before photo of the room.
So, in order, we:
- removed the carpet
- removed the wallpaper
- scrubbed and plastered the walls
- removed the old chair rail (quarter round)
- skimcoated the texture underneath the old chair rail
Some progress photos for you.
Next week…final painting & chair rail installation!