There are obviously tons and tons of huge things to be angry, sad, depressed, or confused about right now. I think we’re all intimately familiar with those. Stuff is awful right now, and most of us still have at least another month ahead of this.
Today, I want to hear about your absolute tiniest complaints. The kind of things you would hashtag as #firstworldproblems. Horse-related or not. Get it off your chest. Nothing is too small or too petty. Bring it on.
Here are just a few of mine.
- The new season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is just a little too secondhand cringe for me. I keep trying to watch it and then I keep shriveling all up inside but also wanting to watch it but also ACK.
- My grocery order two weeks ago came with only one tub of the wrong kind of ice cream. I have no ice cream in my freezer at all right now.
- One of my computer speakers glitches in and out. They’re 20 years old, I get it, but still: I keep swinging wildly between nice, full, good-volume sound and then it vanishes and I can’t figure out where the connection is faulty.
- The new monitor cable I bought only displays my laptop screen in 800×600 WHY.
- My dog chewed up one of the handles of my brand-new jump rope.
- Every time I go out into my back yard I think that I should trim back the forsythia bush that has taken over an entire corner and then every time I go back in the house I forget about it so I can never manage to put it on my to do list to get the clippers to hack away at it and so I am trapped in an endless loop of being grumpy at the stupid thing.
- I have a space heater in my home office to keep it a little warmer but it never feels quite warm enough and then when I leave my office it feels way too cold.
I could go on, but you get the idea. I know it’s dumb, but I feel a little better.