I failed and didn’t write August in time, so you get a twofer. Lucky you.
Horse Goals – original post here
1. Put hands on my horse 5x a week – Mixed. The good weeks were good, the bad weeks were bad.
2. Be less perfunctory – Backslid on this. Needs more attention.
3. Aim toward dressage schooling shows – We did a show! I still have to recap it (if you don’t blog about a show did you really even ride?) but I swear we rode two Training tests over Labor Day weekend.
4. Take more lessons – I did a late August lesson that was terrific.
5. Horse-specific income stream / funding emergency fund – The income stream is coming along beautifully. I plan to sell things at a barn tack sale on October 28 and then put them up for general sale on November 1. Watch this space!
6. Do more thoughtful work – Yes. I’m generally pleased with this.
7. Get more media – I’m doing better with this!
Life Goals – original post here
1. Pay off car – Today I scheduled my last payment for November wooooooooo!
2. Read 75 books – 72/75, CRUSHING IT.
The Island Stallion – Waler Farley
4. Do better about food – Yes! Doing pretty darn well! Down 30lbs, doing better with overall energy and health. I need to wrestle our grocery budget back into normal order – I’ve been doing too much midweek last-minute shopping – and clean out the pantry to cycle food through, but I’m generally happy.
5. Decorate the house – YES! I finally put up some more wedding pictures, I have started to think through a plan for the living room shelves, and I’m going to make a list of the frames we need to get all the art we bought on the honeymoon up on the walls.
2 thoughts on “2017 Goals: August & September”
30 lbs is awesome. Congrats. I sadly forgot to keep track of all my books and now I can't remember them to put together a total. I generally read between 5 and 7 books a month so I must be on target, but I can't track it.
Totally crushing it in the book reading department and I am jealous, giving me some fire to crack one open!