Fuck this summer you guys. Forever and ever, world without end, fuck this summer, amen.
Horse Goals – original post here
1. Put hands on my horse 5x a week – Actually I crushed this. Granted, a lot of these visits were in the middle of the night and doing medical care, so not a ton of riding, but I still saw him an awful lot.
2. Be less perfunctory – In some ways I’m actually doing really well with this. I’m trying to budget myself more time to do the little things. It’s amazing and wonderful to live so close to him, but I’ve noticed that I fall into a trap where I think I can get in & out of the barn in 90 minutes, including travel time. That’s do-able, but it leaves no time to take care of the niceties. So I’m working on building out more time.
3. Aim toward dressage schooling shows – I really should just take this goal off it’s depressing me.
4. Take more lessons – lololololol
5. Horse-specific income stream / funding emergency fund – you guys, I’m not going to put up my numbers because I had $2,800 in vet bills in July fuck July.
6. Do more thoughtful work – Hm. I’m going with yes.
7. Get more media – Do a million pictures of him standing sick in his stall count?
Life Goals – original post here
1. Pay off car – yes! on track for November, depending on how things shake out I might take a swing at paying this down in September.
2. Read 75 books – 57/75, HA, take that, goals! Even better: I genuinely enjoyed everything I read this month, and most of them were superb. I wish I could make everyone read Random Family.
Marriage and Other Acts of Charity by Kate Braestrup
3. Revive history blogs – ugggghhhhhh
4. Do better about food – Yes, still doing well, except I did eat terribly yesterday. I had small portions and did not eat a ton but I had biscuits & gravy for breakfast and pizza for dinner. Too many carbs, not enough proteins.
5. Decorate the house – nope.