I count years for the house from the anniversary of our closing date, which was May 8, which puts us a smidge past the halfway mark through year 2. In my year 1 roundup, I listed things that needed to get done in year 2. So, where are we on that list?
– finish garage (and by extension, basement reorganization)
Some small progress on the garage space, and on reorganization.
– gut weird back room and turn it into a man cave
HUGE progress! Not done yet, but probably/hopefully January.
– strip wallpaper and repaint: back bedroom, front bedroom, office, front hallway, nook area/game room
Nook area/game room is next, after the holidays, and front bedroom will depend on the tricky timing of not having houseguests for about 8 weeks straight…so after ski season. Maybe March?
Front hallway…we’ll see.
– conserve front entryway mural
Haven’t touched this, BUT a conservator friend will be here in late January / early February, so I am hoping to have her look at it then.
– sleeping porch: repaint, replace glass panes, finalize furniture arrangement there
Haven’t touched this.
– most remaining radiators stripped and repainted (will probably hold on sun room and living room for now)
Haven’t touched this. At this point, it will be a year 3 project because we can’t do this while the heat still needs to be on and it will definitely be on through May, ahahahahaha, Vermont.
– landscaping and yard, including some raised beds for gardening
– drainage work along the north side of the house to prevent flooding problems
Yeah no. Next summer, for sure.
One thought on “House Post: Midway”
I really like seeing you redo your house! I'm still way too intimidated to buy a fixer upper because my schedule would not allow for a timely redo