You’re all going to be very sick of my sleeping porch, because it’s the main project for this summer.
I spent most of yesterday sleeping off my vaccine shot reaction (not too bad, but still not fun) and woke up this morning ready to go, so I decided to tackle a project that has been on my list for quite a while.
The previous owners had put in these probably very expensive blinds all around the sleeping porch. Maybe two years after moving in, I pulled them all up and they have been that way since. I never once considered putting them down: so, I considered that a fair test.
It took about 30 minutes to remove them.
Each side had three or four screws holding this in, so most of my time was spent standing on a chair and just running the drill. Nothing complicated, just time-consuming.
I had briefly though to try and save them and give them away, but they have been up for so long that they are quite brittle and gross, so in the end I just threw them all away.
I am pretty sure that the piece of wood they were attached to was specifically attached to hold them, so I am debating pulling that down as well. Not today; it will be the next phase, which will follow the exterior renovations. It doesn’t make a ton of sense to me to do a lot of interior work when parts of it may be wholly replaced, depending on the rot from the roof leak.
The end result: a much less cluttered look for the porch! I may put in some accordion shades on the side of the porch that looks into our neighbor’s yard, but then, I may not. During the times of year when we most use the porch, the trees block that view pretty well.