Oh, boy. I don’t want to write this post, but here we go.
Previously, I set horse goals and life goals.
So, how was April?
1. Put hands on my horse 5x a week – suck. suckaroo. Accomplished for the first two weeks; then I was away for a week; then I was recovering from being away for a week. I guess, when I was on top of this it was really good because we got some great things done in the two weeks I did ride.
2. Be less perfunctory – Not really, especially in the sense that my impulse control across the board sucked except in regards to food & exercise.
3. Aim toward dressage schooling shows – Now looks like I can’t do the September show either which means all shows are most likely off the plate for the summer and I want to hit things.
5. Horse-specific income stream / funding emergency fund – well.
6. Do more thoughtful work – hahahahahaha
7. Get more media – I don’t know, I took a bunch of pictures of my horse standing around? does that count?
Life Goals – original post here
1. Pay off car – still on track, so there’s that at least
2. Read 75 books – 35/75
The Path Between the Seas by David McCullough
3. Revive history blogs – lololololol nope.
4. Do better about food – This is literally the only bright spot in this entire list. I crushed it in April. Between using a new app to track what I’m eating (not denying myself food, just using it as a journal to remind myself to make better choices) and focusing on exercising, I’ve lost 13 lbs in the last 6 weeks. More importantly, I have more energy and feel better overall. So there’s that at least.