Remember I asked for ideas about what geeky thing I should clip onto my horse’s butt, My Little Pony style? There were some awesome suggestions, and I mulled them all over.
Being not in the slightest bit artistic, it needed to be something I could transfer easily to a piece of cardboard to create a pattern. I thought and I thought and then I figured it out.
Why yes, my poor long-suffering little mustang is now a member of the Rebel Alliance. (The husband cracked a joke about “Roan Squadron,” proving that he actually does pay attention to horse vocabulary sometimes. We then spent a solid 10 minutes reciting dialogue, which I suppose is one of the reasons we’re married.)
I am so insanely thrilled with how it turned out. It’s not perfect by a long shot, but damn, it looks so cool.
Here was my process, in case you’re curious.
It took some finagling, especially since my clippers are not the sharpest, and Tristan had to be convinced to stand still and within the range of the cord of the clippers while all the other horses were being grained. About an hour start to finish, all things considered, including cutting out the pattern.
I’d do it again in a heartbeat, and probably will keep this design touched up through the winter!
6 thoughts on “Clipping Update: My Little Rebel”
haha that came out perfectly!