From Viva Carlos:
- Is there something you don’t like about your riding? Oh, yeah. Lots. Probably the #1 thing though is my total and complete lack of natural “feel.” People say things like “oh, his inside hind was lagging” or “his hip wasn’t moving fluidly enough” and I think my butt is totally numb. I’ve gained what little feel I have through lots and LOTS of hours in the saddle, and even then I am lightyears behind most people.
- Does your horse buck? Ummmmm…no. Not really. He tries, sometimes. He’s only gotten me off when I wasn’t paying attention.
- Is your horse head shy? He used to be insanely head shy – like, can’t even touch the halter without a hissy fit head shy. I still make a concerted effort to mess with his head every time I handle him. Now, that behavior is limited to being pissed about getting dewormed and occasionally fussing about his ears.
- Favorite barn chore to do? Watering. I like hanging out and watching the horses in their stalls/fields, and the slow satisfaction of watching the water fill up, plus the knowledge that they get fresh, clean water.
- How many times do you ride a week? 3-4; trying to get up to 4-5 or even 6.
- Who is your favorite pro rider? Of all time? Alois Podhajsky. Currently? Hmmmmm. Sinead Halpin has to be up there; Will Coleman is also a personal favorite for reasons only tangentially related to his hotness.
- If one pro rider could train you for one day who would it be? David O’Connor. I’ve seen him teach and love his style.
- Favorite Facial Marking? Blaze!
- Leg Markings or No Leg Markings? Sure, but it’s not a dealbreaker for me. Tristan’s one white sock is a bitch to keep clean.
- Ever broken anything falling off? Fingers. Nothing more serious, knock wood.
One thought on “10 Things”
i'm with ya on #1 – sometimes i wonder if i'm the most oblivious rider there ever was lol