How has a month gone by already?!
1. Take 6 lessons through the year. – first lesson of 2018 is scheduled for this afternoon!
2. Ride 3 new-to-me horses. – not yet; waiting until summer, probably
3. Research 3 different retirement situations. – I’ve sent a bunch of inquiries, and have received one answer so far.
4. Write retirement budget for Tristan. – I have a rough draft of a budget that’s going to need a lot more work.
5. Reach goals for horse-specific income stream. (Primarily through Etsy shop.) – this is going slowly, but I’m chipping away.
Stretch: 6. Read and review 12 books about riding on the blog. – first review coming at the end of this week!
1. Fully fund Tristan’s savings account (to $1,500) – sitting at $700/$1,500
2. 50% fund my overall emergency fund savings account (to $7,500) – started the year with a car accident that dipped into this, so sitting at $4,600
3. Track every purchase made in 2018. – check for January!
4. Create 30 day wait list for any purchase over $25 (excluding groceries & emergencies). – check!
5. Pay off 50% of energy improvement debt. – we’ve paid off 16% of the total
6. Stretch: 75% fund my overall emergency fund savings account (to $11,250)
The only goal I’ve worked on has been #2, in that I’ve reached out to a contractor to help, because goddamn I am not finding the motivation to do it myself.
1. Finish dining room (finish wallpaper, skimcoat lower half, plaster upper half, paint).
2. Finish garage in basement (finish strapping, put up drywall, plaster drywall, paint floor, clean out).
3. Finish upstairs guest bedroom (strip wallpaper, plaster, deal with ceiling, repaint).
4. Develop plan & budget for preserving mud room mural.
5. Build second raised bed, start seedlings indoors, can/process results of garden.
6. Stretch: Finish breakfast nook room (strip wallpaper, plaster, figure out heating, repaint)